beta 3 .NET Error

Home Forums mpconverter support General Support beta 3 .NET Error

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mpcdigitize 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #172

    ghostman
    Participant

    I’m just getting started with mpc digitize. I have installed beta 0.3 on both Windows 10 and Windows 7. It seems to walk through my recordings, but then it fails with same error as it’s parsing:

    12/26/2016 12:36:24 PM Created New: Years of Living Dangerously_NGCHD_2016_11_23_21_59_22.wtv.xml
    12/26/2016 12:36:25 PM Created New: Years of Living Dangerously_NGCHD_2016_11_30_21_59_00.wtv.xml
    12/26/2016 12:36:25 PM Created New: Years of Living Dangerously_NGCHD_2016_12_07_21_59_00.wtv.xml
    12/26/2016 12:36:25 PM Created New: Years of Living Dangerously_NGCHD_2016_12_14_22_00_21.wtv.xml
    12/26/2016 12:36:25 PM Extracting metadata from WTV files
    12/26/2016 12:36:26 PM Parsing encoding profiles
    12/26/2016 12:36:26 PM Parsing recordings metadata
    
    -------------------
    Conversion from string "" to type 'Date' is not valid.
    -------------------
    System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "" to type 'Date' is not valid.
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDate(String Value)
       at WindowsApplication1.Form1.parseMetadataRecordings()
       at WindowsApplication1.Form1.inBackground()
    -------------------
    Line: 0

    Any workarounds for this?

    Thanks!

    #173

    mpcdigitize
    Keymaster

    The app crashes exactly when xml metadata files are being parsed. Depending on how many recording do you have, maybe you can open some of the xml files stored in \mpconverter\metadata folder and check tag

    “recordingtime”

    This tag should not be empty.

    The file name is incorrect too
    Years of Living Dangerously_NGCHD_2016_11_23_21_59_22.wtv.xml
    it should be
    Years of Living Dangerously_NGCHD_2016_11_23_21_59_22.xml

    Clean \metadata folder
    Create new folder
    edit file \settings\settings.global.xml
    change “inputfolder” location
    Copy 1-3 recorded files to this new location
    Start application

    It should create new xml files

    Open Folder Options and remove check next to Hide extensions for know file types.
    See if the xml files have actually 2 extensions wtv.xml.

    Remove .wtv from file name

    Start application and see if Left panel loads with recordings names

    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  mpcdigitize.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  mpcdigitize.
    #177

    mpcdigitize
    Keymaster

    I believe that the only way to fix it is to actually make some adjustments to the way xml files are written or read. I will provide solution to this issue in the next beta release.

    #179

    ghostman
    Participant

    Sorry – I only posted the last few lines of the log before. I actually have about 200 shows in my Recorded TV directory.

    I did some more digging. My Recorded TV directory has extra files in it (EDLs, XMLs, VPRJs and logs for commercial marking and skipping). I think those might have lead to the excess suffixes.

    I also might have a few recording with errors (8 of my recordings have the hostname in the file name – not sure if that is an error or a sign that there is a copy flag on the file).

    I copied 50 recordings to a different folder and MPC we able to parse that clean folder that only had .wtv files in it.

    Does MPC Digitize limit itself to only .WTV files?

    #180

    mpcdigitize
    Keymaster

    It’s OK, the information you provided gives me some idea about the issue. I think I know what is causing additional extensions, however the files that have hostname in file names are completely different thing.

    Why do u think these files are corrupted?
    Can you play them in VLC or Windows Media Center?

    Do you have any clue why these files have hostname instead series name?
    What is some manual recording?

    The way program works it scans input folder and gets file names and paths. Only WTV files are processed next. Metadata is extracted and put into xml files stored in \metadata folder.

    After it is done, application parses xml files from \metadata folder.
    This is where error occurs.

    Based on information you provided error is caused by empty date string from xml file.

    If you can, please copy/paste content of xml file from \metadata folder for one of this files with hostname in file name.

    You can also run a test by putting these files in separate folder and scan in with converter. If application crashes, then we would know that they are main offenders.

    Also you can put EDLs and other files together with WTV (except for files with hostnames) folder and scan it. This would confirm that they are not causing any issues.

    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  mpcdigitize.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.